Win a walking guide for the West Somerset Railway
Each quarter we enter everyone who submits a car-free walk to our website into a prize draw to win some goodies.
For the October to December 2016 prize draw we are giving away five copies of 'West Somerset Railway Country Walks from our stations' by Malcolm and Natalie Short, along with an extra seasonal gift of a Car Free Walks fleece hat.
This full colour book is an ideal companion for those wishing to explore the beautiful countryside surrounding the West Somerset Railway - the longest steam railway in England. The book includes 20 walks of varying length that start and finish at a WSR station, with route descriptions and accompanying sketch maps.
The West Somerset Railway runs for twenty miles between Bishops Lydeard (4 miles from Taunton and on a frequent bus route) and Minehead, passing through the Quantock Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and via the coast between the Bristol Channel and the eastern end of the Exmoor National Park.
Copies of the book can be ordered online from www.west-somerset-railway.co.uk.
An ideal base for exploring the area is the Yarn Market Hotel in Dunster. The hotel is conveniently located on the main street and has a handy drying room and a storage area for walking boots. The WSR stops at Dunster station or the village can be reached by bus service 28 which sets down less than 10 minutes walk to the hotel. To find out more contact 01643 821425 or email email@example.com
To be entered for the draw, register here (if you haven't already), then click on submit a walk and follow the steps to add your route to the database. We will pick out the lucky winner in a draw at the start of January 2017 and don't forget that you can submit as many walks as you like for more chances to win.
The Car Free Walks website is an entirely not-for-profit venture. If you would like to support our project by providing some prizes for a future quarterly draw then we would be delighted to hear from you! Please contact us to discuss.
If you're lucky enough to win, we will need to ask you to provide your name and address so you can be sent your prize. Without it we'd be kind of stuck. We would also really like to post your name on the Car Free Walks website so we can tell people that you won - but you can ask us not to do that.
1. All new walks submitted before midnight on 31st December 2016 will be entered into the draw.
2. The winning entries will be chosen at random.
3. We will notify the prize winners by email by 10th January 2017. The prize winners must claim ownership of their prizes within 30 days of receiving the email.
4. The prizes are five copies of West Somerset Railway - Country Walks from our stations by Malcolm and Natalie Short and a 'one size fits all' fleece hat decorated with the Car Free Walks logo. That's one book and one hat each for five prize winners.
5. If the prize winners decide not to accept the prizes, they must notify us by email, and will, with effect from the date of such notice, forfeit any and all claim to the prize. No alternative prize will be awarded. We reserve the right to deal with the prize declined in such manner as we see fit, which will likely be to draw another winning entry.
6. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
7. We cannot accept responsibility for loss or corruption of data in transit.